7 months ago
Required Steps for Dual Enrollment:
1. Take required admissions exam for the school you are interested in attending:
- University of West Georgia (UWG): ACT or SAT
- West Georgia Technical College (WGTC): ACCUPLACER, SAT, or ACT
* Students need to create accounts with ACT and SAT and a fee is required in order to take these exams. The SAT and ACT are given on various Saturdays throughout the year. Scores must be sent to the school you are interested in attending when you sign up for the exam. There is a fee associated with requesting scores after the test date.
*For students wanting to take the ACCUPLACER, they can register to take the free test at Newnan High School in the main counseling office, or any Wednesday at WGTC. To take the ACCUPLACER at WGTC, you will need to bring a photo ID and know your Social Security Number. Exams cannot be started after 4pm.
2. Apply and be accepted to the college of your choice.
- DO NOT pay the application fee!
- There is no application fee required for Dual Enrollment through UWG or WGTC.
- UWG requires that you send your transcript.
- Sending your transcript can be done through your gafutures.org account. If you need help sending your transcript through your gafuture account, click here.
- This ensures that your Individual Graduation Plan is updated appropriately and you stay on track for graduation.
- For students who have already taken Dual Enrollment classes, you only need to submit the GA DOE Participation Agreement.
- Stop by the counseling office and fill out the hard copy of the form
- Download this form, complete it, and email it to email@example.com
- Both Ms. Tamara Moore (UWG) and Ms. Benn (WGTC) will visit NHS throughout the year to meet with students who have applied to these colleges.
- If you drop or change classes, you MUST notify your counselor
- If you do not provide your counselor with your schedule, your funding approval could be delayed or denied which could result in you having to pay for the class!
UWG Contact Information:
WGTC Contact Information: